If you are interested in placing an ad, please email the Federation at admin@PAfederatedhumane.org. Employment listings are provided at no charge to member organizations.
SHELTER VETERINARIAN – SPCA OF LUZERNE COUNTY
- In concert with the management team, manage all medical care and health management programs for the shelter animals, including those temporarily in foster care, focusing on identification, treatment and prevention of health problems thereby increasing adoptions and decreasing adoption returns.
- Perform surgical procedures on shelter animals, as needed, (spay/neuter, hernia repair, growth removals, dental extractions).
- Maintain all established shelter medical standards, such as drug log/security, cleaning protocols, surgical procedures, medical protocols, etc.
- Ensure that LCSPCA is in compliance with all state and federal laws regarding the practice of shelter veterinary medicine on site.
- Maintain accurate and complete medical records, including those recorded in the shelter database (including treatments, examinations, test results, surgeries and outcomes) and other records required by local and state laws.
- Manage medical department operations at LCSPCA, including the preparation of the annual department budget and management of department staff (VTs, VAs, etc).
- Collaborate with the Executive Director regarding the composition and quantity of all animals brought to the shelter.
- Ensure all clinic areas are clean and suitable to perform sterile procedures/surgeries.
- Providing time management for surgeries and post surgical processes.
- Aid in the decisions of euthanasia for an animal, including performing euthanasia.
- Ordering and overseeing the accurate and effective ordering of clinic and shelter medical needs such as medication, equipment, medical tests and food.
- Cooperating collectively with the Education Department to produce educational videos for staff and the community via Facebook, “Shelter House Rocks.”
- Working collectively with the HSPOs to perform necropsies for cruelty investigation in addition to testifying in court.
- Working with the Education Department to administer vaccination and microchips at off-site clinics (up to 6 a year)
- Rotating responsibility in taking the On-call emergency phone; after hours contact with emergency personnel and NVRH to tend to any stray or injured animals.
- Working with the internal medical team in addition to staff
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HUMANE SOCIEY POLICE OFFICER – HUMANE ANIMAL RESCUE (PITTSBURGH)
Summary: The Humane Officer is responsible for investigating animal cruelty complaints involving the neglect and abuse of animals and, when necessary, prosecuting those offenders as denoted in the PA Crimes Code – Title 18 Section 5511.
- Investigate and, when necessary, prosecute those that neglect or abuse animals according to Pennsylvania state law.
- Rescue/confiscate injured and abused animals.
- Prepare reports and testify as necessary in cruelty cases.
- Be willing to rescue animals that have been injured, abandoned, etc.
- Patrol pet shops and inspect circuses and other animal-related exhibitions.
- Maintain equipment; i.e., animal transport vehicle.
- Act as an expert within the community, educating on animal welfare issues.
- Ensure confidentiality of information concerning investigations.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain positive relationships with co-workers, managers, directors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Visit Humane Animal Rescue website to apply